My name is Laurel Sellars and I am the founder and writer of Life With A Side of Laurel. I grew up a tomboy not caring anything about fashion or makeup, but as I got older I absolutely fell in love with all things fashion, hair, and make-up! I have a ton of inspiration from my favorite bloggers out there: Dress Up Buttercup, Champagne and Chanel, and Living My Best Style. I felt like these girls were doing everything I wanted to do, so I thought, “why not?!” With support of my husband and besties, I decided to give it a go!
For my first blog post, I wanted to do a list of just some cool, maybe not so cool, facts about me! So here goes…
1. My husband and I only dated 9 months before getting engaged, and got married 2 and a half months later! We have been happily married for over 3 months now. Marriage is so fun!
2. We have a dog named Zeus. He is a rottweiler and german shephed mix! Sounds like a big scary dog right?? Nope- he is a big, cuddly baby who is afraid of everything! He loves talking to us and taking long naps!
3. I love, love, love food! I really eat any kind of food, but my favorite is spaghetti. I am not too picky on where I get my spaghetti, but I do prefer it to be my grandmothers recipe, my mom, or my husbands baked spaghetti! Carbs are the way to my heart.
4. I have about 3 best friends and a few more good friends. I always heard if you can count your best friends on one hand then you are doing good. My husband is of course one of my best friends, my friend Nomi who was my college bestie, and my friend Daisy who is basically like my sister. Daisy (pictured below) played soccer with me since the 7th grade and has always been there for me.
5. Last but not least- the reason I decided to start a blog was because, well I thought it would be a super cool way to get to find and share some really neat stuff, but also to discover who I am as a writer and a person! If it weren’t for my husband and my bestie Nomi- I wouldn’t have had the courage to begin!
I am so excited you are here to join me on this journey of finding all things fashion, beauty, fitness, and everything life throws at me!
I hope you enjoy Life With A Side of Laurel